Saturday 23 November 2013

Crossing Pagla Nala, Pangong Tso Lake


This was the time of tiny cell phones and my fascination for video travel documentaries. What I though would be few simple shots of the river turned out to be a two day adventure.


We started off from Leh city to travel to Pangong Tso Lake, situated at a height of approximately 14000 feet, stretching from Ladakh in the northern most part of India all the way up to Tibet. Though roads leading from the city to the lake are well made, en-route you have to cross a temperamental rivulet called Pagla Nala which is a quite tricky one, what with rubble, ever changing paths and the volume of water descending from melting glaciers further north.

I dint know it then, but this has become one of my most memorable, unexpected, free spirited Ladakh memories. No luxury hotel can give me the view, the magic, the aw I felt and experienced the night we stayed over just inches away from the lake, with a gorgeous starry sky as my companion.


You just have to experience it to believe it.

That's the fun of travel really, when you see the video you'll notice that what was just a fun family video turned out to be a wondrous catalog of an adventure. I hope you experience the magic.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent writing

Unknown said...

Thanks Bijit!